Monday, September 14, 2009

ANOTHER VIXEN!


I can't believe I forgot!

Being an animation nut, a certain film holds a special place in my heart: The Thief and the Cobbler. Known as Arabian Knight in this country, it was released by Disney back in 1995 after some-thirty-years of troubled production. It is right up there with Snow White as a true animation masterpiece. It was never finished according to the vision of the creator, but some animation buffs who eclipse me ten times over cobbled together (pun sort of intended) a re-make that more closely matches the original script.

The vixen in the movie is Princess Yum Yum, and one of my favorite cartoon princesses. She's alternately stupid and intelligent, puzzled and annoyed. I also can't get enough of her design. I don't think there has ever been a character animated before with quite so many eyelashes.

I encourage you to read all about the history of the movie and watch it fully on YouTube. I've posted part 1 and the trailer.





If you are in the know with all these wacky technologies that the young folk are usin', you can search the BitTorrent sites for a full, DVD version you can get and burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, so it might take me a day or two to approve it.